ANNAPOLIS AREA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (AACS) has been serving Maryland families for over 40 years, providing an excellent, distinctly Christian education from Pre-K through 12th grade. AACS is a school where students pursue their God-given gifts and talents through a comprehensive offering of academic courses, fine arts and athletics, extracurricular clubs and programs, and AP and Honors courses in our Upper School. Our students learn to make good use of all God has given them. We don’t just care about what they learn, we also care about who they become. This requires a focus on all dimensions of our students; spiritual, mental, social, emotional, and physical.
Our Core Principles are:
- Community of Partnerships - As a diverse community of Christians, our purpose is to further biblical understanding of life through Christian education, in partnership with families and the church.
- Biblical Worldview - We approach learning through the biblical perspective (creation, fall, redemption, and final restoration), striving to connect what we believe to what we do.
- Educational Excellence - Continually seeking to improve our understanding in all things, we view excellence as a journey, not a destination (Colossians 3:23).
- Creativity and Imagination - We encourage students to be innovative and adaptable serving Christ with an eye to the changing world.
- Developing the Whole Child - God created each child in his own image with diverse gifts and talents. We work to help students achieve their potential in mind, body, and spirit. We seek to develop students of integrity, wisdom, and love.
We believe that students get much more than knowledge from their teachers. Developing healthy God-honoring relationships is a part of the educational experience at AACS. Teachers provide "living curriculum," by sharing their own lives with students, lives that embody the Christlikeness we hope our graduates will also take to heart. While more than 97 percent of our graduates go directly into college, AACS seeks to prepare students not only for college, but also for recognizing God's will and faithfully pursuing their life’s calling. Our graduates leave AACS as growing believers, active learners, responsible stewards, effective communicators, and compassionate neighbors.