Annapolis Area Christian School accepts international students in grades 9 through 12. Students are provided with an excellent education and preparation for college, as well as a safe Christian community. The Christian faith is the foundation of the school culture, philosophy, and mission. Students will live with Christian host families, will learn about our faith, attend weekly Chapel services in school, and attend church regularly with their host family.
International students seeking admission to Annapolis Area Christian School must demonstrate:
- The emotional maturity to adapt to a new language and culture
- Academic ability
- English proficiency at the level necessary to attend classes taught entirely in English
- Self Discipline
- Acceptance of, and adherence to, the school's code of conduct and local and national law
How to Apply
Applications are considered upon a rolling basis. There are a limited number of available spots for international students, please have your application into AACS as soon as possible.
The admission process consists of the following:
- Application for Admission must be completed on-line through our school website. Choose the application form for "New Families."
- TOEFL test scores sent to Annapolis Area Christian School Office of Admissions
- Proof of financial responsibility
- Transcript submitted showing grades for current and previous school year translated into English
- Participation in an internet interview with members of the Admissions Committee
Where will students live?
All students admitted into the AACS International Student Program will live with a Christian host family who are either parents of a current or former student of the school or who are friends of the school. All host families will have been screened and approved by AACS. International students may not make their own living arrangements. Students will live with their host family for a period beginning two weeks prior to the opening of the school year and ending one week after the last day of school for the year. Many students choose to return home during Christmas vacation. AACS will work with the student to facilitate international travel for that period.
A hosting fee is included in the international tuition. This covers room and board, transportation of the student to and from school, and inclusion of the student in everyday activities of the family. The student is responsible for long-distance telephone service, internet (other than that provided by the host family), clothing, cosmetics and toiletries, medical care, special foods, tutoring, standardized testing fees, and special travel undertaken with the host family.
For more information contact our International Coordinator Bethany Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org.