AACS will make an independent decision related to inclement weather closings but will fully consider Anne Arundel County’s decision to close or delay openings.
Parents and students should monitor the AACS Website, and the following radio and television stations for announcements of AACS school closures:
- Emails of schedule changes are sent via email through Veracross portal (update those addresses!)
- Notice will be posted to the AACS website and Facebook pages.
- Parents also have the options of signing up for Schoolsout.com and WJZ CBS Text Alert as a way of adding additional email addresses or mobile phone numbers to receive text messages about any closings.
In the event of a delayed opening:
- AACS will not provide before school care.
- Buses will adjust their route times according to times of delayed start or early dismissals.
If AACS has an emergency early dismissal:
- A text will be sent to all parents (make sure your cell phone is listed correctly in Veracross)
- After school care will not be provided. Parents will need to pick up their children at the time of early dismissal.
- Buses: Will adjust their route times according to times of delayed start or early dismissals.